Hot Rod Forum banner

Compressor Help PLEASE

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bk005 
#1 ·
I found a local dealer who carries Gardner Denver Compressors. Specifically he has a VP30 that is 7.5 hp 2 stage 22.5cfm @ 175 psi. Pre tax price is $1450. Good warranty, and he has been around here for a long time. Does this sound like a good deal? Anyone have any complaints about these compressors? Ive never heard of them before, but it looks hefty, and I heard the one he runs his paint booth with, and it was smooth and quiet. Watcha think? Go for it?

Model # 7.5H80E

LINK TO PDF DOCUMENT

#2 ·
Gardner Denver Compressors

Pal I would jump on that deal so quick it would make your head swim. Gardner Denver is an old company. I am an engineer with a company that does a lot of industrial construction. Many of our plants specify G-D compressors as the preferred manufacturer. I have one at Home (the pump only haven't got around to doing anything with it yet) There warranties are as good as anyone in the business you will not go wrong. Compared to something like a sear's 7.5 HP 2 stage for $7-900 the sears will not come in a distant second. David Bodily

#3 ·
i have heard of them and never heard anything bad. they always looked like they were constructed very well. i have seen some for sale that look about 30 years old and been through hell and back and still running. i think thats a good sign of quaility. i bought the same compressor but an ingersoll rand and i believe i paid around $1750 with the freight so the deal your getting is pretty good. i'd jump on it.

#4 ·
Gardner-Denver is used to building compressors and tools for the mining industry, one of the hardest, nastiest places for a piece of equipment. I wouldn't give a second thought to buying a compressor with the G-D name on it. That is also a good sized unit My compressor is about that size and 2 of us can stay pretty busy running off of it. It will run my 100# sand blaster continually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.