Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - compressor moisture help
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 10:36 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

To make a long story short...the OP wants to paint his whole car. The compressor he has puts out an advertised 9 CFM (under optimum conditions. The average spray gun will take between 12 and 14 CFM. He has a max of 15 gallon holding capacity. Even if he could spray panels, a complete with the set up he has or any other setup will result in failure due to overheating the compressor head and moisture will come into play. Small items, the odd panel, not a problem, but his complete car...no.

Remember, he asked about how to get rid of moisture...so it must be a problem today...the problems will only get bigger the larger the area is that he is attempting to paint. As I mentioned, I don't know of a dryer out there (within $ Value) that can remove the moisture he's experiencing. The copper line/Still method will remove a good deal of moisture however, would I want to spend all that money on material and have it go to waste because 1/2 way through the job the compressor spits out water?

Ray