Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Compressor Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 05:24 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks, I've done alot of searching and reading on the subject and I get the feeling alot of input is formulated more on personnal preference rather than actual fact. Also many people asking about compressors are talking about spraying a few cars a month. I have seen the IR's and I'd like to keep the price under 600. I can afford double that, especially seeing as it's now getting too cold to spray in the NE, that is if I wait until spring. I'll probably buy sooner if I find what I need for under 600. I have a Lowe's and HomeDepot very close to home, and I like Northern's free shipping. I'll check out the tractor supply site now. I her most saying "bigger is better" but paying for more than I need, especially when I will probably only spray 1 or 2 cars. That just doesn't sound like a smart move. An 80 gallon, 2 stage, 7hp unit is just way too much for my needs. This thing will probably be used 4 times a year. The biggest consumer of air I'm going to run is this gun, my air ratchet is the most used tool and it runs on a ballon hooked to a hose. . Thanks