Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Confused about carbs, need help!
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 10:39 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEVILLAC View Post
I honestly have no idea about the heads. The story I was given is " There's an old circle track guy in the Denver Co. area that built these heads for all the circle track guys within at least a couple hundred mile radius, about 15-20 years ago. He wouldn't divulge his source for the bare heads. They have no casting #'s and never did. they weren't ground off, they were never there." My boss had this motor in his 41 willy's, which I rode in, and it ran strong. I can't say it ran right because as I said I'm new to the technical stuff, but it ran strong. He did say that when he first built the motor he had an 850cfm Demon carb that was setup by a performance shop on the car and kept sucking the fuel bowls dry, under what conditions I don't know. He also said it has very little vacuum which creates a problem for my power brakes but I can get an electric vacuum pump for that. Seems there's alot of heresay but I do know it's a strong motor in great shape. If I put my 600cfm edelbrock on there, will it run? I have a Q-Jet on my other 350, but it could use a rebuild. Would it get me by?
Mystery heads, a race car cam that likely needs race car fuel, a single plane intake......with all due respect, your going to hate, or break it. And regret it. If you own it, and can't change that, be smart here, pull the race car parts, sell em, make them garage art, whatever, buy some decent heads, the right cam, swap the intake for someones dual plane, sell your 600 Carb, or trade for a 750, and enjoy your truck. I have done, hell I'm kinda doing now what your going to do, and its a terrible idea.....I'm a moron sometimes, don't be like me.