Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Confused about carbs, need help!
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 12:06 PM
HEATHENS AUTO CLUB

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Pulled the valve covers today and found out these are no mystery heads, they are 3947041's which should be 64cc chambers if the weren't resurfaced but I'd lay odds they were so maybe 63cc's? I'm guessing the CR is somewhere around 10.5:1 because from what I've read you have to run 91 octane or higher fuel at that ratio to avoid detination and I asked the previous owner about what fuel he ran and he said premium because the engine would sputter and ping on anything less. I bought a 3500 stall converter and I'm looking for a used 3 series posi carrier with 3.73's in descent condition for my 10 bolt. In the meantime I'll have to run this motor with my open 3.08 12 bolt because I don't think the motor that's in my truck now is going to last much longer. I'll get the new motor in and going next weekend with my 600 edelbrock and post an update. Hopefully I won't have any more carb questions. Thanks again for all your help and suggestions.