This confused the hell out of me, a little help please. - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2004, 06:09 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

when i put a cam in my pnontiac 400 my power brakes didnt work so i called up summit and got a resevoir thingy and now there like new in the future im gonna invest in a electric vacume pump...just sharing that with you all cheers.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2004, 06:20 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Re: dist

Quote:
Originally posted by k-star
The dots on the chain have many people messed up!!!! It really does not matter iF you assemble the motor with the dots at 6:00/12:00 Or 12:00/12:00.
This is very true however, most engine builders and reference books recommend assembly with the crank at 12 o'clock and the cam at 6 o'clock simply because it makes it harder to screw it up.

Quote:
Originally posted by k-star .......I tell all my customers to remove the valve cover rotate the motor untill you see the # 1 intake open then close continue untill the balancer is at tdc and install the distributor at # 1. When doing this they have never called back with a distributor out 180 deg..... It's a little more work but for the less skilled it works every time.
Like I said before, "If you're distributor rotor is pointing towards the firewall when you're engine is at top dead center on the compression stroke on #1 cylinder then you need to pull the distributor out and rotate it 180*."

Centerline

Last edited by Centerline; 05-18-2004 at 06:26 AM.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:38 AM
Never Give Up

In regards to the manifold vacuum, the more groos lift on the cam the less manifold pressure you will have and to correct it you might need a seperate vacuum tank
Old 05-18-2004, 11:40 AM
www.bigblock67chevelle.com

Last photo:

I called Comp Cams and talked to them. They said I should have around 10" of vacuum. I also called Edelbrock and asked about the timing mark on the cam gear of their gear drive. It's not in the best place it looks like it's between the teeth. So I moved it to the next tooth. I'm waiting on the silicone to dry and I'll get back on it and fire it up and see what happens. Oh by the way, Edelbrock support was no help at all. The guy just told me "they're all that way".
Old 05-18-2004, 11:50 AM

Last photo:

I hope it was fun, cause, it's gonna run the same, follow the above posts and you will be fine!!You will get 56 degrees of advance with the vac advance plugged in, set the timing w/out it!
Old 05-18-2004, 12:50 PM
www.bigblock67chevelle.com

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by Wrencher
I hope it was fun, cause, it's gonna run the same, follow the above posts and you will be fine!!You will get 56 degrees of advance with the vac advance plugged in, set the timing w/out it!
I'm hoping this will fix my less than 5" of vacuum.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.