Congratulations 57Corvette, October 2012 art contest winner - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hot Rod Art
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 11:32 AM
St Louis Blues fan....

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Furgal View Post
has anyone thought of taking the winners of the year before, maybe it have to be 2 years before to have enough lead time..
winners and make a calander out of them, and the profits go to a charity??
Great idea....

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 12:09 PM
St Louis Blues fan....

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Corvette View Post
Many thanks for the kind comments everyone ......really much appreciated. I tried to respond on the HAMB this week, but they ended the art show before I could send my message. Maybe I'll get a chance in the future.

In the mean time, I look forward to seeing everyones entry this month.
I wondered why you have been absent from the weekly HAMB Friday Art Shows... I for one miss your contributions...

Don't succumb to intimidation & jealousy... You've got talent Bob...
Old 11-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENMO View Post
I wondered why you have been absent from the weekly HAMB Friday Art Shows... I for one miss your contributions...

Don't succumb to intimidation & jealousy... You've got talent Bob...
Thanks Ken, I appreciate the kind comments ........I was hoping more people would have said something regarding Photoshop not being such an evil thing on the HAMB.....I wrote a pretty long letter and may still post it if the subject comes up again. I really would like to keep posting there as I got some business from my posts and I think my website lost some rankings since I stopped posting.

We'll see what happens in the future.....for now, I still have this forum.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:08 PM

Last photo:

History repeats it self. !50 years ago a group off artist went forth on to the Battle Fields of the eastern U.S> to report to the people about the Civil War. These men risked their lives to be the eyes and ears for the people. They were the media of the day.The news papers of the day printed weekly. The cost and process to put pictures to print was long and costly. Although Photography was around it was only a novelty. By the 1880"s the process was perfected to put photography into news papers. With in a few years The Artist part of corresponding was over.
Many of the artist disliked the decision to pick the wooden box over them. Something to think about.... Is this different or ? I personally think it fits the Picture.

Lincoln Highway Johnny.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

You might be right Jony ....hard to say. This poster had a problem with someone taking a photo and pressing a few buttons in Photoshop and calling it artwork. He also mentioned that maybe the "artist" didn't even take the original photo. He has posted this on three occasions that I know of so it must be a real problem for him.

My feeling is if you don't like it, just move on to the next image ....plain and simple. No need to bad-mouth someone's work because it's not what you like.

Tags
art contest, hot rod art

Recent Hot Rod Art posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.