Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - connecting double d steering column to Ranger sterring shaft?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 12:35 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa_bob
I don't understand the questio, are you asking for help or telling us what you are doing....or are all ready doing, and with out looking and knowing the above hook it up with a borgson u-joint.hth
I don't know what joint/ coupler to get to connect it to the Ranger box. The original column fit in the rag joint and a bolt ran thru it. Looks like a double D shaft but I don't think it is... If I remove the rag joint and use U joints, which I would like to do, do I use 1 of These ?

I think the Ranger box is splined, but it seems the only common spline is 3/4" 36 spline for anything Ford and that is listed for the MII so it may be a custom aftermarket varient as it lists GM also, 5/8" 36 spline is listed for OEM boxes only..I know the Ranger box was also used in Vans and trucks along with a reversed version in Panther cars. But putting in the Speedway column is not a common modification.. Happen to know the spline count for the Ford boxes?