Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Consew 226 timing belt replacement
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 02:07 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Good to know. I'll oil it up today and see how it feels. It sounds great and stitches fine, no skips, just tension issues. The previous owner was running "button thread" on the bobbin and 92 on the top and it was still stitching pretty well. So I'm anxious to see what happens when I get it properly rigged. Remarkably clean machine. It was advertised as a 225 but when I saw the picture I saw the reverse lever.... Made it worth the hour and a half drive to get it. Yes, I'm a little excited. 2 sizes welting feet, plus regular feet. Table, clutch motor and head and I'm almost ashamed to say I only paid $300. So I don't feel bad putting a little into it. It'll do everything I want for a long time. 1000D Cordura, Some web straps with leather/neoprene. I was reading some of your posts on servo motors, good stuff. You do a nice job on the info side. I'm sure I'm not alone in expressing appreciation.