Hot Rod Forum banner

consew 226r stitch adjustment

8K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  DanTwoLakes 
#1 ·
my con sew has been working great, but when to adjust stitch size i pushed down on button, held it down till i could feel it in gauge then tried to move the wheel, but it would not move in either direction? any help will be appreciated.:rolleyes:

#2 · (Edited)
I think you may have pressed the wrong button, the one which re-engages the safety clutch. The one you want is the furthest to the left, and closest to the needle. First take the top thread out of the eye of the needle. Then, you hold down that button and turn the hand wheel. When you feel the button drop into the slot (which is where the machine is currently set), you can turn the hand wheel in either direction to change the stitch length. If you're already set as big as the stitches go, you can only turn the wheel in one direction.

Attachments

#4 ·
No, if it's been stitching it isn't frozen. It won't turn in either direction? There may be something in the linkage that allows the wheel to turn when the button is pushed that is screwed up. You'll probably have to take it to a mechanic.

#8 ·
It depends on how old the machine is. My Consew 226 is graduated in stitches per inch, but my newer Consew 255 RB-3 is graduated in millimeters. That means that 12 on my older machine would be 12 stitches per inch, and on my newer machine 12 would mean each stitch is 12 millimeters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.