Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Conversion Bearings?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 09:01 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

buick fins

I have a bunch of 64 buick parts, and have looked a using the fins on a project. There is quite a bit of info on the HAMB forums about various conversions, new hubs, reworking Ford hubs etc, I think mabe even using the GM hubs. .The project is a ways down the road, so I have just skimmed the info. About 50 years ago I was running a 4.56 olds rear in my roadster and wanted better front brakes and matching wheel patterns so I got mid 50's olds spindles-brakes . I had new bronze bushings pressed into the spindles then reamed to fit Ford kingpins, I had to have the Ford axle heated and bent to get correct castor. a lot of the Gm stuff from various years can be swapped. Just like Ford, model A, 30's and 40's, Ford F1 and early econoline swaps. I think there used to be a King Bearing store in Reno. I think they have been bought out and now a new name on the doors. When I went in to get new bearings for my Big 4 X 4 Case tractor I had the hubs in the truck but the counter guy said He didn't need to look at them. everything was in the computor. /They were $ 200 each and didn't fit. but they took them back for a refund with No shipping or restock charges. I would take all the pieces with you to make sure everything works.