Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - convertible alignment wedges?
View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2009, 09:56 AM
gto_ron's Avatar
gto_ron gto_ron is offline
Registered User
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 142
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
convertible alignment wedges?

I'm currently restoring a convertible, my first one. There are these convertible alignment wedges that appear to go between the rear of the doors and the body. I have no idea how to use them and my door alignment is pretty poor. I was careful to weld in lots of bracing before the body came off the frame so I'm sure I didn't cause any problems then. Can some of the convertible-experienced group members explain how these alignment wedges work? If necessary draw a picture, I'd really appreciate it and it would probably be of general interest to the List Members. The car is a 64 GTO and I'm sure the info would apply to any GM 64-70 A-body convertible.

thanks in advance to any and all who respond..

Reply With Quote