Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Convertible on rottiserie
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 08:46 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

It is actually pretty simple as the 2 caddys I did was by myself, that is to remove and reinstall. Try doing one of those big monsters by yourself without a lift. First off you must have the wheels removed from the rottisorie, some of these units are welded on and this WILL NOT work if this is the case. You simply position the rottisorie right under both rocker panels with your attaching arms (the areas you would otherwise bolt to your body) facing under the rocker panels as you would with a 4 post lift. Then you simply jack the body off the frame working one side then the other, with the caddys being so rear heavy I placed an engine hoist at the rear and placed a strap to the trunk latch and then jacked that simutaineisly with the rest of the rottiserie. It must all be jacked a little at a time making sure that it is all coming off evenly. The other thing to remember is the placement of the rottisorie at the right point as to balance out the body as good as possible. Then all you need to do is jack it high enough to roll the frame out from under the body, and the rottisorie will jack that body as high as you need to go (will never get it high enough safely with a floor jack). Once the frame is out of the way you simply reverse the procedure and set the body down on four jackstands. Lowering the body is a little tricky as it wants to bind up as you lower it down, just get a big hammer and tap the rottisorie as you lower it down and it will go. Then all that is left to do is put your wheels back on it and set this jig up on both ends as you would normally. Hope I explained it well enough, it is really just common sense.