Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Convertible on rottiserie
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 08:47 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Listen Ray there is nothing personal here and no I am not trying to attack your posting but the fact of the matter is you are not going to stop acciendents from happening no matter what. This way of using the rottisorie is not my idea, it is actually the way they show it being done in the paperwork you get when you purchase an Autotweerller, in fact it shows a 59 caddy conv body being lifted this way. So all I am doing is simply giving out info that has worked for me with out any trouble at all. Now there are some people that will turn simple procedures into major projects just because they want to make sure they cover every possible angle they can without having anything go wrong. That is fine with me and I do understand this well. As long as the balance point is correct at your rocker panel when you start lifting there is not going to be any problems with the car "falling" off this thing as you may think. But that does not mean there will not be any cases of "catastroffic" failure, no matter what. As like you I would hate to see any one getting hurt doing this type of thing and we can both agree on that.