Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Convertible on rottiserie
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Did Autowheeler tell you in the instructions to use a big hammer when it binds? Did they use phrases like pretty simple, or where there phrases like use caution? I'm not trying to make everything into a big job but, I do want to let people know that there are dangers involved in doing it the way Autowheeler may have suggested in their paperwork.

I'm more concerned about oversimplifying a procedure and making it sound like any novice without experience can do it...I lost a good friend 38 years ago when I was working for a major tire company and he didn't but the ears up properly on the lift arms when he put a Van on a hoist. The Van came off backwards and pinned him between the garage door and the Van....Simple procedure, anybody can do it, no sweat. It was his mistake but, he had done it hundreds of times in the past...without a problem!!!,...I always try to err on the side of caution and try to remember who I'm giving advice to and sometimes I still have problems.

Ray