Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Converting bead roller to power
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothale View Post
I'll be watching to see how it works. I have an old opener up in the steel rack. I have been thinking about powering my HF tubing roller.
Tubing Roller
The growing season up here is too short for my wife's blackberries and I said I could roll some conduit to make a green house cover to extend the growing season,
I believe it will do well but in all honesty, I can see where the winch drive may be a better way to go.

In any event this will be very inexpensive. The only thing that cost me more than expected was the sprocket. The cost of the sprocket with shipping was just over 50 dollars. It would probably be cheaper to use a jack shaft and stay with smaller less expensive sprockets. If I wasn't trying to have everything ready for the holiday I could have looked for one surplus or used. But after searching for 3 days I went ahead and ordered this one. Hey, It's only money.

I do appreciate the input. This is one time when I don't have experience to fall back on and am just flying "by the seat of my pants."

BTW, Total investment with take out motor, chain, sprocket and hub, foot pedal so far has been 110 dollars.

John