Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Converting from external choke quadrajet to electrical choke quadrajet
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 11:52 AM

Last journal entry: Got it running
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The old carb has issues with the inlet threads. So if you are meaning to convert the old one, I can't cheaply do that. The choke was ok on the old one mostly. Bought the new one pretty cheap, cheaper than having those inlet threads fixed. Right now with property taxes due I am having to stay as low buck as possible. I am going to have to put off a new fuel line too maybe till next month. I guess I blew my budget buying a alternator belt. Well that and a welder with my student loan money.

And thanks for the tip about the wire. At least I have wire and connectors that should work on hand.

The new one looks clean on the bores. Just cruddy on the outside when it got here. I am hoping I can avoid rebuilding it for awhile. And it shouldn't need much tuning as it was also off a 472. Now I know they are probably set differently, but shouldn't be as bad as say one off a small block chevy. And the nice thing is it also has the idle speed up for the ac that was mostly missing from the old one. One rod and part of the diaphragm was still there when I got it.

Thanks again for all the help and suggestions.