Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - converting powerglide torque conv. to T-400
View Single Post
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2012, 02:13 AM
bracketeer's Avatar
bracketeer bracketeer is offline
489 Lemans

Last journal entry: Street Legal
Last photo:
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Courtenay, BC, CehNehDeh
Age: 58
Posts: 2,139
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

drag racers change powerglide convertors to th350/400 convertors. the input shaft is larger diameter and stronger. you hog out the hole in the pump to accommodate the larger shaft.

What you want to do would make the input shaft weaker and you cannot make the hole in the pump smaller. i would imagine you would have to buy a new pump or convert a powerglide pump to fit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote