Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Cooling System (Way Too Much Pressure) ???
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2003, 07:55 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Red face Cooling System (Way Too Much Pressure) ???

Hello,

Well, my engine likes to blow coolant out the overflow bag and all up under my hood. It really doesn't seem to matter if the engine is running hot or not. It appears to be when I step on it.

I have checked everything in the system (the thermostat works fine, the water pump works fine) and today I took it to a rad shop to have them run a pressure test on the system and to check for exhaust in the coolant (indicating a blown head gasket).

But everything checked out fine. No exhaust in the coolant and the rad cap is working fine.

The one thing the person did say is that my coolant flows like a river and that there are no baffles in the top of the radiator to slow down the coolant from flowing so fast. He seemed to think that the coolant is moving too quick and not getting a chance to cool down, thus making the coolant boil over and explode out the overflow bag. He said it's a possibility.

What do you guy's think? I'm kind of stumped now.