Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Copper Compressor Piping Question
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 08:19 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldred
Rob, as I said before after about 50' or so the black iron will have so much surface area to radiate the heat that it will about over take the Copper's advantage so with as much pipe as you are using the Copper would probably make little or no difference in how well the system would cool the air prior to the separator. If I understand correctly you have nearly 300' total? With that much line the black iron would be quite a bit cheaper than Copper even though the price difference between Copper and black iron is not as great as it was a couple of years ago. About the only real argument here in favor of the Copper over iron would be the rusting problem of the iron which IMO is overblown and not really much of a problem anyway. If you have 160' of 3/4" iron pipe between the compressor and separator (a Sharpe no less ) I just can not imagine having a moisture problem as long as it is plumbed properly which it sounds like it is.
I have about 170' total, it just branches off.

Rob

http//www.1969supersport.com