Cord Replica Creation - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2011, 03:09 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Cord Replica Creation

Okay everyone, this is a tall order. In the 70's my dad had a SAMCO Warrior Cord replica. Ever since I saw the pictures I've been obsessed with Cords. I live in North Carolina and have traveled all the way to Pennsylvania to see a real 1937 Cord. I love the old Cord but I must admit, I have a bit more love for the SAMCO Warrior. Anyway, I ship out to Basic training next July and I've been hunting one of these SAMCO Warriors. I found one for $31,000 but there's no way I'll be able to afford that before training.

So down to the big question. I love these cars and would love to let more people experience these beautiful machines. Anyway, what is the process for making a fiberglass replica car? I'm interested because I would like to make a female mold for these cars and be able to reproduce them. Obviously a huge undertaking, but I am interested.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2011, 03:21 PM

Last photo:

Cord

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyreep
Okay everyone, this is a tall order. In the 70's my dad had a SAMCO Warrior Cord replica. Ever since I saw the pictures I've been obsessed with Cords. I live in North Carolina and have traveled all the way to Pennsylvania to see a real 1937 Cord. I love the old Cord but I must admit, I have a bit more love for the SAMCO Warrior. Anyway, I ship out to Basic training next July and I've been hunting one of these SAMCO Warriors. I found one for $31,000 but there's no way I'll be able to afford that before training.

So down to the big question. I love these cars and would love to let more people experience these beautiful machines. Anyway, what is the process for making a fiberglass replica car? I'm interested because I would like to make a female mold for these cars and be able to reproduce them. Obviously a huge undertaking, but I am interested.
1st you have to have something to make the mold from. If you can talk someone into letting them use a $31,000 car as a model, well you should be selling something.

Thanks for your service.

Bob
Old 08-23-2011, 05:23 PM

Last photo:

The Samco was a downsized Cord replica. I think it was 5/8th scale. The molds were purchased in the mid eighties by a guy here in Tucson. I made some parts out of the molds for him, for guys who needed to make repairs. I will check to see if he still has the molds, or is reproducing parts from them.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:59 PM

Last photo:

Sky, Check your private messages. I talked to my friend, and sent you info on an original unrestored, but driveable car he has for sale.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:28 PM

Thank you so much, PM sent
Old 08-23-2011, 10:36 PM

And Bob, it's my pleasure to be a proudly serving Combat Medic for the National Guard, and my country. I'm already training, and will be for about a year, and I love every minute of it.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:33 PM

The Samco was a downsized Cord replica.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:18 AM

Yea, I know it was, I believe it was 8/10th. I saw a 1947 Cord in a museum and it was absolutely massive. They were meant to originally be marketed as the "Baby Dussenberg"

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.