Hot Rod Forum banner

Which Cordless Impact Wrench would you go with?

24K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  hardwork 
#1 ·
Kllutch 24v

Titan 24V Cordless Impact Wrench 280 FT/LB

Good Year 24V Cordless Impact Wrench 1/2" Drive 200 FT/LB

LONGACRE CORDLESS PIT IMPACT WRENCH,24 VOLT 300 FT/LB

NEIKO 24 VOLTS CORDLESS IMPACT WRENCH 350 FT/LB

KOBALT 20V Impact Wrench 300 FT/LB

Let me know your picks and why. Your inputs will be truly appreciated.

I do not want Milwaukee, Makita, Bosch...very costy and is way up to the roof.

Thanks!

#5 ·
Old Fool said:
I can't help you out, mine is an 18v Dewalt.

I would suggest buying the one with the longest warranty and the easiest return process.
Ok I was gonna go with Craftsman 20v...unfortunately its no longer in the market. Got to go with a different route. I have Cman 19.2v and it's ok ok. Want a higher torque that is able to take off anything like a breeze.

#6 ·
PathfinderDude said:
Ok I was gonna go with Craftsman 20v...unfortunately its no longer in the market. Got to go with a different route. I have Cman 19.2v and it's ok ok. Want a higher torque that is able to take off anything like a breeze.
you cant have you cake and eat it to .... you get what you pay for
you can take anything off like a breeze-but not for cheap
you will need to step up and spend the money to get the performance you want

#7 ·
I also have the 18v Dewalt so I can't really comment on the quality of the ones you mention but there are reasons that the top brands cost more.
This is just my opinion but if you already have a cheaper one that you want to upgrade why buy another cheaper one that you will want to upgrade again.
If you use it a lot buy a top brand that will last. If you hardly ever use it why not put that money toward something else.

#12 ·
Built an entire 6000 sq. ft. log home with a Craftsman electric impact wrench. It wasn't cordless but I wouldn't buy a cordless one anyway. They're NEVER powerful enough.

Still have it and it still works great.

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

"It is not always possible to be the best, but it is always possible to improve your own performance. " - Jackie Stewart

#13 ·
Centerline said:
Built an entire 6000 sq. ft. log home with a Craftsman electric impact wrench. It wasn't cordless but I wouldn't buy a cordless one anyway. They're NEVER powerful enough.

Still have it and it still works great.

Centerline
HotRodsAndHemis.com

"It is not always possible to be the best, but it is always possible to improve your own performance. " - Jackie Stewart
I got to agree with you on that part. Corded is a lot stronger than cordless. Even my friend, who works at Home Depot told me he's not a big fan of batteries.

#14 ·
How is the Kobalt impact gun working out for you? I've been meaning to try one since I've been impressed with my Kobalt air gun. It looks to be more powerful than the Craftsman C3 gun.

Battery technology has come a long way. We now have cordless guns that are POWERFUL thanks to lithium ion batteries. I have a few cordless impacts that would make most, if not all corded 1/2" guns hide in the toolbox. I use them to remove axle nuts and some crank pulley bolts, and they don't flinch at all.

#15 ·
You'd be hard pressed to find a professional builder these days who uses corded tools... back in '94, when I built my shop, my son-in-law, who built pole buildings for a living, laughed at me when I drug out my old Craftsman 1/2 drill. His entire company had already made the switch.

I went out and bought a Milwaukee 14.4V which I still use today (with the original batteries BTW!).

A few months ago I had to retrieve an old Pontiac that I bought two states from me. I bought a Horrible Freight cordless impact... I had a coupon and it cost about $60.00. I needed to switch some tires around on the old car and drug out that new impact...it went dead after two lug nuts! I knew what I was buying... I usually avoid HF with a passion but I thought I'd get lucky just once.

Now I use that impact for what it can handle... carb adjustments... and it works well on the mixture screws!!!

#20 ·
when buying cordless tools your not so much paying for the tools your paying for the batteries. Kobalt and quality shouldn't be used in the same sentence. They are overpriced for being a house brand and the quality isn't there. If you want a long lasting powerful tool there's only one name out there and that's hilti. I know they're expensive but you will get a tool that will probably never disappoint you. You can find deals on them on eBay, plus one you buy a "set" and have a couple of batteries you can buy bare tools that will work with the same batteries. You but a quality electric tool most of the time you can find every single replacement part and they can be fixed for cheap. Also pay attention if your buying from home depot, Lowe's, etc most of the time they're not the "heavy duty" models. Might wanna check out the manufacturers website and get model numbers of what you want and compare the numbers in the store so your actually getting what you want.

If you wait until after black Friday most stores will start getting gift sets in that are cheaper. But still pay attention to model numbers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.