Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - correct steps?
Thread: correct steps?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 11:08 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownver View Post
A quick check showed a "Chases autobody supplies" in Vancouver. I'ved used the Proform epoxy primer and it seems decent.
Damn Crownver, you've done your homework...Chase Auto Body Supply has outlets in most major centers Winnipeg to the West Coast...Good supplier, the deal in Sikkens products for your base coat...the Value Line used to be Lessonal but I'm not sure what they call it now that everything has gone VOC compliant...The Lessonal of all the Value Brands would rate as on of the better ones.

What I outlined in my previous post is exactly that, it's an outline, there is much more to it, like what options do you have in stripping the car, (it should be stripped), how to properly weld patches in and tools you would need to minimize warping the repair panel. A lot of detail from everything on how to mix fillers to applying filler to minimize pin holes, blocking techniques, the application of primer from gun pattern to air pressure to flash times between coats, final block and how to make sure your blocking is straight so you don't have a wavy finish, gun set up, pressures spray patterns for base and clear as well as flash times for each.

These are some of the things that I didn't get into detail on when outlining basic procedures. If you are interested in these detail, I'm sure we can help. You mentioned you had a painter with some experience, that's great and I'd be happy to answer all questions that I can, as I said, just ask and there are many other people on this forum that I know are very qualified and would also be glad to lend a hand.

Best of Luck, I'm a big Pontiac fan and would love to see you have a beautiful, shiny Trans Am.

Ray