Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - correct steps?
Thread: correct steps?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 01:51 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownver View Post
Ha! All I did was check on-line yellow pages for autobody supplier. That was the first one I found. Here in Nanaimo I either use Lordco, or (mostly) a local supplier Videls Autobody Supply. (Actually the only dedicated autobody supplier in town. I like dealing with someone who knows what they're talking about, because I'm pretty clueless when it comes to paint!
I've got to hand it to you Crowner, you have a lot of pearls of wisdom....The jobber you choose is one of the most important things you can do...get the place that has knowledgeable staff, that can explain everything step by step...anybody can hand you a can of paint...I prefer the company that has the people that can not only sell me a can of paint but, but has have the knowledge to be able to intelligently discuss all the steps needed for the product to work. You have more of a chance with a company that goes this extra mile, if something does go wrong, they are more apt to help you out.

Lordco if I'm correct sells PPG, we don't have them out here...but I seem to remember that they had either PPG or Nexa...which is now the same product, just a different label.

Paint is paint (when comparing top line to top line, value brand to value brand)...they all work...it's the service that's the difference.

Ray