Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - correct steps?
Thread: correct steps?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 08:45 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

If your looking for base coat and your considering the VOC compliant product we have here in Canada...I would suggest paying a few more dollars, drive to Seattle, walk to Seattle...No I'd run to Seattle and pick up either PPG's Deltron solvent based Base Coat or Dupont's Chroma Premiere...it's well worth the money and the time. I was a Rep for PPG and their Value line, Omni, just like Nason for Dupont is quite low on the value. I know your looking to get a solid green for your TA so you wouldn't need to worry about metallic control which is a big issue for the value lines...another big issue is coverage, by the time you have saved all that money buying Omni and applying 5 coats of base or more to get coverage, you could have gotten coverage with Deltron in 2 or 3 coats...but that would mean a trip to Seattle.

The wait is worth it for the SPI, Epoxy and clear, and the price is right as well. I haven't looked at your photo bucket yet but will shortly and get back to you.

And by all means get more opinions on stripping the car...it's what you should do.

Ray