Corvette flers, barcks shop - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2013, 04:24 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Corvette flers, barcks shop

Hello everyone,
I have a 76 corvette and I'm locking for a pro factional shop that can install flars, brakes, paint the car and more, do you have any recommendation?
Thank you, shaul

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2013, 04:28 PM

Last photo:

for one thing we do not know where you are.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:24 PM

Last photo:

where to you live if you want help. someone here may live close and send you in the right direction !!
Old 06-01-2013, 07:27 PM

Any work on a vehicle with a Corvette emblem seems to automatically increase the labor rate and cost of parts. Might be good for you to purchase an AIM - try ebay - and repair manual - try Central Corvette, Wilcox, or Mid America - and learn how to do some things yourself.
Corvette brakes, especially the rears are a different animal because of the riveted on rotors and integral parking brake shoes inside the disc rotor.
Body work is tricky because earlier years used polyester based and later years used epoxy based materials. I think yours is basically epoxy. Educate yourself on body materials, paint such as laquer and enamel and on mechanicals such as trailing arms, brakes, engine and drivetrain, interior gauges, and more. Look for a Corvette club in your area.
Your car is not a hot rod. Go to Corvetteforum.com and sign up - it's free - and do searches in the C3 section for what you want to do to the car. Good to know details of the car even if you have to pay someone to do the work.
You have already experienced one of the two happiest days of Corvette ownership. Some day you will find out what the other happiest day is.
Terry
Old 06-02-2013, 07:25 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

or the happiest day of an XKE owner

Jaguar xke parts are expensive , hard to work on, the wipers just start going on a warm DRY spring day, and when you see the guy count out the $ 100 dollar bills and load it on his trailer
Old 06-02-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killeratrod View Post
for one thing we do not know where you are.
I live in Israel so I want to ship the car to the u.s so the New York aerie is best but I can ship anywhere. The important thing is that I find a shop that I can trust because I want be able to go and Check the work.
In my calculation the parts i need will cost me around 15k before the work if I buy the part's and ship them to Israel it will cost me another 15k shipping and tax so If I ship the car it will cost less and I can get a better job.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnovot View Post
Any work on a vehicle with a Corvette emblem seems to automatically increase the labor rate and cost of parts. Might be good for you to purchase an AIM - try ebay - and repair manual - try Central Corvette, Wilcox, or Mid America - and learn how to do some things yourself.
Corvette brakes, especially the rears are a different animal because of the riveted on rotors and integral parking brake shoes inside the disc rotor.
Body work is tricky because earlier years used polyester based and later years used epoxy based materials. I think yours is basically epoxy. Educate yourself on body materials, paint such as laquer and enamel and on mechanicals such as trailing arms, brakes, engine and drivetrain, interior gauges, and more. Look for a Corvette club in your area.
Your car is not a hot rod. Go to Corvetteforum.com and sign up - it's free - and do searches in the C3 section for what you want to do to the car. Good to know details of the car even if you have to pay someone to do the work.
You have already experienced one of the two happiest days of Corvette ownership. Some day you will find out what the other happiest day is.
Terry
I have invested I my corvette a lot of money it's a pro Turing I have a 388 with an MSD and an MSD injection, hooker side pipes, reck and pinion, bee cool polish radiator kit with the fan, polish alternator all the engine is polish, air condition kit, gauges, hairdo booster and so much more, I have 500HP, the inside is totally redone i just need the seats , under the car is all new and so much mire the list is too lond, i like to take it to the next level and install front and back flares, front and back willwood 13" brake's, new wheels and tires and corbeau a4 seats, I can't do the job myself I need a very good shop that can do all of these and paint the car. I will buy the parts and ship them to the shop.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:56 PM

Last journal entry: electric fans
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnovot View Post
Terry

I'm not sure you could have been more ignorant if you tried. You started off nicely with some solid info then it went all to hell. Why can't he post about it here? What makes it "Not a hotrod" Why admonish someone just because of the car they have? There are people here that know about these cars that can help him. What makes selling your Corvette such a happy day? I'd be pretty bummed if I had to sell mine.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidmagic View Post
I'm not sure you could have been more ignorant if you tried. You started off nicely with some solid info then it went all to hell. Why can't he post about it here? What makes it "Not a hotrod" Why admonish someone just because of the car they have? There are people here that know about these cars that can help him. What makes selling your Corvette such a happy day? I'd be pretty bummed if I had to sell mine.
I didn't say he COULDN'T post here. I know for a fact that he will get more and advice and be able to benefit from the large base of knowledge and experience of the Corvette forum.
Did I hit a nerve? Lighten up. I am not bashing Corvettes. I've had several myself but they are a special breed with many of their own unique problems and quirks.
Terry

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.