Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Cost of a Paintjob
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2005, 03:46 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Cost of a Paintjob

Hello everyone,

Okay I'm sure this has probably been asked about a zillion times but here goes anyway.
I used to do paint and body work on the side several years ago and I'm looking to get back into helping out a few local friends by doing some side work for them on their cars.
A friend of mine approached me about painting his '69 AMC S/C Rambler. Very cool car. All of the rust repair and most of the bodywork with the exception of a few dings has been completed. He is looking to have me prime and block the car, paint the car white and the red sections on the side (if you know what these cars look like you'll know what I'm talking about). The car will be painted using Dupont's Base/Clear Chroma-system paints and it will be wet sanded and buffed. Now the question is what do you think a fair price for all of the LABOR for this project should be?

Any input would be greatly appreciated as I have often sold myself short on doing side work for folks.

Rob