Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Cost of a Paintjob
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005, 06:23 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

cost of painting a friends car

I would keep the labor and materials seperate, whenever you need more materials just have him pick them up for you, that way you never have to worry about the cost of them. Then you just have to decide whats a fair price for the labor end of it, what kind of job you will end up giving him. Doing work for freinds is a tough one, you want to be as fair as you can without burning yourself, after all your the one doing the work.

By the way I also own a Sc/rambler as well, dont know if you already have all the paint formulas, but when I painted mine (back in 89) I lucked out as my local Mcglauhlins auto store had all the paint codes listed in the AMC section of there PPG paint code catalog. It was in bold printed section marked special paint codes for sc/rambler

special bright white
special bright blue (wheels)
special bright red
special black (rear valance)
These colors at the time were mixed in acrylic lacquer PPG Ditzler, just beware that the white is a much brighter white than your standard rambler white (more cream colored)....HTH!!!!
I beleive I still have the leftover paint up in the loft if you need the actual number codes off these cans to cross reference to your brand of paint..........just post back if needed!!

Last edited by mr4speed; 01-11-2005 at 06:34 AM.