Hot Rod Forum banner

cost to recover bucket seats

24K views 50 replies 16 participants last post by  DanTwoLakes 
#1 ·
I found some foreign car seats I thought would look good in my 54 ford pick up as I've just installed a WC t-5 in my truck. the seats sat to low so I made some seat risers and they don't look to bad. My question is, what would be a good price to recover the seats. The seats are cloth and look pretty dirty but are in other wise pretty good shape. I don't want cloth again but I think leather is going to be expensive. maybe the new simulated leathers they have come out with. ball park price if anyone has had there's done recently would be great.

bill

#49 · (Edited)
Russ: How could I insult the quality of the work in your car without ever having seen it? When you said you had the seats "recovered in the original style", I thought your guy put original pre-made reproduction seat covers on them out of vinyl or leather. I've done a lot of Corvette seats, and I know what the new seat foam and seat covers cost. That was before you posted the pictures. You didn't say you had the whole interior done, or what it was done out of, until later.

Yes, I freely admit that the price I quoted was what I would charge. When I gave the OP my price, that was including headrests which I expected were on the seats he wanted re-done. Those can take a long time to do correctly, and increase the price. See this thread starting at post #21 to see the headrests from hell: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/1966-amc-marlin-seats-165335-2.html

I also freely admit that in different places, different shops can, and do, charge less. There are also shops that charge more. My prices reflect the fact that I have a 3,000 square foot shop that has a heated and air conditioned garage to pull cars into to do the work on them. I never leave a car outside in the weather.

From what I can see of your interior after you posted the pictures, you got an excellent job at a steal of a price. Go back and look at everything I posted. At no time did I ever say your interior was not well done.

#50 ·
Russ: How could I insult the quality of the work in your car without ever having seen it?
<chuckle> Which is EXACTLY my whole point, Dan.
Does this quote ring a bell?
"You can get it done cheaper if you don't care about the quality of the work".

it wasn't just me that you offended, but everyone who paid less than your quoted price.

The world will keep turning regardless. I'm over it and have no hard feelings. likely just another internet misunderstanding,

Russ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.