Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - this could get ugly. pontiac/frankenstein
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 06:07 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

this could get ugly. pontiac/frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhardy View Post
just went to edelbrock's site. it says that intake is for 3500 to 7500 rpm. i thought i read that it was lower rpm than that. is that really a good match for a big block?
it's also a single plane manifold. that's more of a track design, isn't it?
i've used performers or performer rpm's on all my fords.
i'm not looking to go 150 mph. if i want to do that i'll buy a vette or something that sits a 1/2 inch off the ground.
i'm really curious to see what's inside of this thing. again, i know squat about pontiac engines, so maybe that intake is a better fit than i think. i guess it depends on how it matched the cam and i don't know what that is yet.
sorry about rambling, just thinking that i would have built the engine to start making power before 3500 rpm.
I checked on the Torker II it is a single plane intake with an operating range of 2500-6500 rpms. Too bad you don't live near Virginia my nephew has a couple of 400 blocks and he has a complete 455 motor, that I don't think he would part with it. I think he said it was kind of rare.

Last edited by cdminter59; 09-09-2012 at 06:18 PM.