Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - this could get ugly. pontiac/frankenstein
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 11:52 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

455 H.O. Pontiac

I have been helping a good friend of mine with his 1978 TA that was retro fit with a 1972 455 H.O. Recently, we came across a set of Super Duty heads and, since they are so rare, I recommended he scoop them up immediately. Reading this post I became confused because the T2 is what is on this engine now and the shaker lines up perfectly. It doesn't appear to have any hood modification and has a Quadrojet carb that was built by a master. It out performs most Holley set ups I have put together. This car is amazing. It has the TH350 and I am unsure of the rear gears but it seems to jump to 100 mph with the slightest application of the go pedal and cruises there below 3500 rpm. I have one mile timed this car at over 160 mph without red lining it. Can't wait to tear it down when we transform it into a Super Duty and see what was really done inside. (Sorry slightly off topic but best thread on 455 I have found)