Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - this could get ugly. pontiac/frankenstein
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 11:00 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Hey Jim,

That's an interesting point about the shaker hood. I didn't know only T/A's had them. It's been a long time, but I thought the Formula had larger fender flares, is that not true?

I do know it was factory orange, but I suppose a T/A could have been ordered in orange.

The shaker hood was either factory, or someone did an exceptionally good job cutting the hood, which, is highly unlikely.

It must have been a T/A. The next time I talk to my ex-partner, I'll ask him if he remembers.

Your comment about the BBC reminded me of something I had completely forgotten about. When the motor was put in, it smashed the front end down a bit too much. It just wouldn't have worked.

One of the advantages of owning a parts store, (back in the dark ages before the Internet), was access to the parts catalogs, and the chance to spend time with them looking for alternatives.

We got some new springs from TRW, if I remember correctly, with a higher spring rate, and put them in.

We put off new shocks until we had a chance to drive it, but we never really had a chance to drive it much.

Later,

GeoD