Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - A couple problems - TH400 trans and power brakes
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 06:11 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I plugged the line to the booster and it runs fine. It even shifted. However it was hard to tell that it shifted. Its got open headers right now so its loud as can be and now with the 4.10 gears the rpms are still high-ish when it shifts. So I dont know if i just didnt hear it shift or if the shifting problem was solved by plugging the booster, but either way the transmission is now shifting.

I am careful not to get into the throttle very much because it is very, very loud and im in a residential neighborhood full of elderly people and parents with kids. I'm surprised people dont complain about it sitting there idling its so loud. I've got magnaflow mufflers for it but i can only get one side on with a strait pipe due to crossmember clearance issues on the other side. I'll unfortunately have to go to a muffler shop and have them bend a pipe to go under or over the crossmember. The main reason ive got headers was mainly so I WOULDNT have to go to a muffler shop. The performance gain is just an added benefit

Just my luck.