Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Couple Of Questions
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Veteran/Firefighter-EMT-I CRT

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by monzter
I donīt want to spend any money on this engine ( or as little as possible ) Because i am building another engine that is going to be much more powerful than the one i have right now ( but thatīs another story )
But those parts that i mentioned above are parts that i already have in the garage and thought it might be fun to throw in the engine that is already in the Jeep, just so i would get a little seat to the pantīs feel

Best Regards
sounds decent, i dont know what your piston and deck clearance is, the best/only way to tell is to pull the heads off and check with a set of feeler guages (cheap mans way) i would be a little weirry about putting in that .015 head gasket, you need about .040 between the piston (@tdc) and the head other wise at higher rpms you piston can smack your head or your vavles, and that is a dissaster waiting to happen

if your piston is .020-.025 below deck then the .015 gasket is good, any less and you'd better go with a thicker gasket, if your looking to get higher compression out of this have the heads milled by then you need to make sure that you have enough valve to piston clearance