Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Couple Questions brake related
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 05:27 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Couple Questions brake related

So I have been test driving my build over the last couple weeks and am trying to chase down some brake related issues. First is that it seems like my front discs my be engaging slightly while driving as they stink of burning brakes and my wheels get pretty warm. When at idle in neutral the car rolls easily with no resistance from the brakes, so I'm thinking as the RPM raises the vacuum booster may be slightly applying the brakes. Does that sound possible? I have not done any rolling tests with idle raised but plan to this weekend.

The other thing is while I was trying to diagnose my brake drag issue I had the truck up on a lift and put the trans into drive. I noticed that the driver side rear wheel would spin VERY slowly while the passenged side was spinning much faster. I could also easily stop the driver's side wheel with one hand and keep it stopped. The rear end is a dana 44. I figured it is designed to slip, but should the amount of drive vary so much from one side to the other?

Thanks for any input.