Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Covering An Aluminum Bucket Seat
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 01:50 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Dan,,,
First, thanks for your thoughts. Iíve spent a bit of time reviewing you posts and tutorials over the last week or so,,, you really do fabulous work.

The bolts you ask about are really clecos I was using to hold the shoulder supports in place prior to welding. The car will have a 5 point harness and I have since cut some holes in the back of the seats for the shoulder harness to slide through. I do have the correct grommets for these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTwoLakes
I would sew the outside back, outside sides and inside sides all together using French seams, put that all on first, and then velcro in the seat bottom pad and the seat back pad. The seat bottom and lower seat back would be rectangles, and the upper seat would flare out on both sides and top.
Iím not sure Iím exactly following you here. Are you saying you would make one piece that would wrap around the upper (area above the side bolsters) back and part of the front of the seat and I would assume glue in place? The seat pad would be 1 piece that would cover the area from under my legs all the way up to the headrest as well as the shoulder area? I assume it would would then overlay some of the first piece?

As for the side bolsters, the seat is wider than it looks as I need a bit more room than I used to. That said,, how would you construct and attach these?

Thanks again!!!