Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Covering Sun Visors
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Acoustic Rock ... for real.

Last journal entry: About Fusible Links
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

THANKS, Dan!

I just happen to have a pair of sunvisors that need the whole deal you just posted done to them and I've been wondering how I'm going to go about doing this.

You don't show what your brackets looked like before covering them, so I'm wondering if this tutorial will work with what I have. Take a look at these brackets I have:
See Here

I've already covered the bracket-ends with black elk, using High-Temp spray adhesive and I'm real happy with the way that turned out. But ... see the *flat* pieces that turn on the long shaft of the brackets? They are pretty hard to move, as they are. I've lubed them up with penetrating oil and they're moving smoothly now, but still pretty hard to turn by hand -- maybe that's because, without the visor on them, there's too little leverage?

The "*flat* pieces that turn on the long shaft of the brackets" *do* come off easily enough. Originally, Chevy just staples cardboard to them and that's it!

So ... help me out here. Do I get rid of those or do I use them?

And, PS -- What if you wanted to sew some pockets on one side of the visor? You know -- to hold papers, etc.