Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Covering Sun Visors
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Alan: The process I described will work with most any sun visor. If you look in the upper left corner of the second pic in my first post, you'll see what the original bracket looked like, and that same picture has a drawing of the shape of the masonite. Yours will work, but you need to attach some masonite( or any other thin,sturdy material) to them to support the cardboard, and also for leverage to be able to fold the visors up and down. As cheap as aftermarket sun visors are, you might think about just replacing them. (I'm talking about the ones that aren't upholstered yet.)

As far as a pocket goes, just sew on whatever kind of pocket ( or even just some elastic strips) you want to the fabric or leather blank, center it on the cardboard as you're gluing the fabric down, and assemble as shown. If you are going to put a pocket on, I would definitely do all my gluing with high temp contact adhesive so it doesn't pull away from the visor.

Last edited by DanTwoLakes; 06-25-2007 at 09:17 AM.