Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Covering Sun Visors
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 08:16 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

First off would like to thank Dan for doing these. The above visors are for my 57 Chevy 150. Dan has been a life saver. He made custom windlace for my car and now he has covered the factory visors to match the new headliner in my car. There are no local upholster shops where I live and have had a hard time of getting things done for my car. I am on a real tight budget and have had this car for some time now. I don't ever plan on it being perfect, but would like to have a nice 100% driver car and Dan has been wonderful in helping in the interior of my car. I am a person who loves to do as much as I can on my own, but some things are just better left to the professionals. If you want good quality work done on something, send it to him. I am trying to figure out how to get him to come to Corydon Indiana and recover the 90 Beretta bucket seats I have in the car to match the black and white diamond tuck I have on the door Panels and rear seat.

Again thank you Dan, you are the best.

Here is e-mail I sent Dan:

Wow!! They look great. You have to be one of the most talented upholsters there is. Would you move to Corydon Indiana so I can get you to do some other work that is to big to ship to you? I have to find some place local to have my 2 buckets recovered to match the rest of my interior. I have door panels, rear side panels, and the back seat out of a 1955 Chevy 210 in my car. It has been done in a black and white vinyl, with the white being diamond tuck. I have installed bucket seats out of a 90 Berretta and they just do not quite match. It still looks good, but I would like to get the front seats done to match the rest. I will try to get some pics and send them to you so you can see what your work is going into.

Quick history on car.
1957 Chevy 150 6cyl, 3 on tree.

Now
283 375hp
Saginaw 4 on the floor
210 55 Chevy Black and White interior
Bucket seat in front
New Carpet and Headliner
30yr old Black and White Lacquer paint
Anes steel chrome wheels (look like Crager SS)

Will be installing an electric dual fan kit soon and new front springs

Need new chrome all the way around, but that will take some time.