Hot Rod Forum banner

Cowl Hood Shelf Thingy

783 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  MARTINSR 
#1 ·
I have a 31 Ford Coupe that is missing the front edge of the cowl so there is no pace to rest the hood. (I have no idea what that part of the cowl is called) I would like to find a hood shelf (?) that I can install on the new firewall so I can run a 1 piece hood. I am not in a position to replace the cowl top (previous owner welded the seam).
Any thoughts?

Thanks,
simk

#2 ·
Well, that whole "shelf" was part of the cowl sides, and the gas tank (top of the cowl) so to get something there, you'll have to fabricate it.

Here is a picture of that lip. There you see the three holes is where the hood lace went. It looks just like this all the way around.

If you want to see a lot more photos and a great build up of a very cool Model A, click here . The area behind the "gutter" up on the outer skin of the cowl side you can see another hole, there is where the "cowl band" mounted, a stainless steel trim that went up and over the cowl and gas tank. If you have dial up, you'll have some time to wait at that site, there are a ton of photos.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.