Hot Rod Forum banner

cracked dash

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Kevin45 
#1 ·
i own a 76 gmc sprint sp which is the same thing as an el camino. the dash on the sprint is in poor condition from the sunlight. its cracked and busted really bad. i know i could just put a cap on it to conceal it but i want to fix it right. if anyone knows someone or somewhere that has carries this sytle dash please let me know.

#2 ·
well ill tell you what i do in that case i just go to the upholstry shop and get some material that i like and get some good contact cement then i go home and take the dash off and cover it with the material. works pretty good i have done dashes and door panels and they have all turned out ok hope this might help but if you want another dash pad like you have i think that places like j.c.whitney have them. good luck

#4 ·
Do a search for El Camino parts and you should come up with something. There are companies out there that deals specifically with EC parts and restoration. When I make it out in the garage later on I'll dig up some of my catalogs and let you know where you can find a replacement.

Kevin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.