Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Cracked Head Leaking Head Gasket?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 06:53 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64nailhead View Post
Seeing that it's a stock setup, is you CEL on or been on recently?

Other than that, do the basics. If you are driving this everyday, then verify coolant usage. The steam out of the exhaust will be noticeable different if it has coolant in it.

X2 on SSMonte, check fuel pressure along with vacuum.

Did you adjust the TPS when you put it on the new throttle body? How did you set the timing?
No check engine lights at all, originally was throwing a code for my TPS but that stopped once i placed the new one on. I struggled to adjust the TPS with the ohm gauge when i did it, so i set that by ear. And timing, originally, I set it by unplugging a wire and setting it at 0. I remember at one point i went to check my timing after all this happened. I unplugged the wire, and the truck wouldn't start. Then i started it, and unplugged it and it went into a violent fit until it finally died, even after i plugged the wire back in after it was running. I haven't tried messing with that since that episode, because it ran fine was i cleared the computer. I noticed today after work i started the truck to warm up, and there was no white smoke, but after idling roughly 6 minutes it started puffing out a small white cloud, from both pipes ( they are joined by a small 2 inch H pipe) and what i would say is excessive moisture, enough to make my hand moist when holding it in front of the exhaust, along with the ground. then i drove it to the part store to pick up a block tester, and i didn't notice any white puffs when i parked and checked while idling. And coolant usage is enough that i can't really keep it full.