Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Cracked Head Leaking Head Gasket?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 05:46 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

yeah i didn't care much for my method with the silicone, i hate the way it looks. I'll try your method next time

I'm working on getting a new distributor also, my old one was out of my truck for about a month and i went to put it on and realized it was seized up. So i took it apart and cleaned it up, and cross hatched the shaft to help hold the oil i put on it. soon enough i'll have a complete 6 AL MSD ignition system set up.

So i stopped by the radiator shop today to have them check it out and see what they thought, and something i completely overlooked. My fan clutch is bad, that's why i was over heating on my way to work at the slow speeds. And apparently the bubbles are normal because my return line for my heater core enters right at the cap. And that causes bubbles to escape at the mouth of the radiator. I'll replace the clutch today and see what happens thanks guys Now just to figure out the surging idle, I'll do a vacuum check as soon as possible and get the information to you. That chart for vacuum looks like it will be very helpful 64nailhead, i didn't realize you could tell so much about vacuum