Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Cracked Head Leaking Head Gasket?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 08:03 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Jaw22w: The factory setting for these engines is 0 degrees, not sure why, it's probably just the distributor and computer set up.

But I have great news, regarding my idle, as of the last hour of working on the truck. I hooked up my laptop to the ECU, and used my Tuner Pro Rt software. I ran it for awhile watching the engine run through the computer, and realized that my TPS sensor didn't look quite right. Normal factory TBI units, TPS sensor should sit at 0.50 volts, my setup is required to run at 0.65 volts at idle. The computer showed my new, BWD TPS sitting at 1.45 volts. Essentially making my computer think I'm sitting there with my foot on the gas, while not getting the proper air flow required, for the amount of gas, I was getting. So I replaced the BWD TPS, with my old fully adjustable TPS, and set it up at 0.65 volts. Idle ran a steady 650 RPM, for 20 minutes. I also checked my fuel pressure before my filter, and it's sitting steady at 11 PSI, and when I turn off the engine the PSI drops down to 8 PSI and holds it. I still need to wait until the morning to see how it does cold, but I think, I can finally say, case closed with the dramatic idle issue. As for the slight rise in temperature, about an 1/8 inch past 210 degrees, I haven't got that figured out yet. I might flush the radiator, since some of you, are suggesting it might be blockage.