Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Craftsman Drill Bits
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 08:00 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

In other threads, I've coined the term; Cheap Chinese Communist Conscripted Child Cruelty Conflicting Capitalism Cr*p. The 9C's.

You can specify the level of quality you want when dealing with the Chinese or most any other offshore vendors. Where things fall apart is when American companies merely have existing Chinese products repackaged under their name with regard more for the bottom line than quality. If only the Chinese would use the same poor quality in their own nuclear weapons program. They'd blow themselves up. Yipee!

I think Ti coated drills from China have more to do with perception than quality. Ti coatings are designed improve tool life in a controlled setting. The only real way to make the Ti coating cost effective is to run the drill in a CNC Mill where feeds and speeds can be acutately controlled. This can't be done with the average drill press or hand-held drill.

I guessing Ti coated 9C drills are pretty much the same quality as the uncoated drills and have been Ti coated for profitabllity, not endurance.