Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Craftsman, Now Made in China
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,330 Times in 1,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
There are a few quality items coming out of China but the reason they are quality is the buyer is insisting on quality and will have a quality control program in place. Shoddy tools from sears is 90% Sears fault, they are buying and selling crap. I am done with ANYTHING from Sears, google Sears consumer complaints and there are thousands of them, I am one of the complainers. Now do a test on Lowe's, for example, there are few. Sears is headed to the same place as Monkey Wards. EVERYTHING that I could buy from Sears, I did so at one time, personal experience, friends and family, no more.
Yep Dan, I remember going to the near by mall (we are talking one of the first every in the SF bay area) to Sears with my parents to get just about every single thing we needed. From clothes to my first TV that my dad bought me and my new wife when I was 20. Our mower, camping stuff, EVERYTHING was bought at Sears. I guess I am to blame for some of their lost sales because I don't do that anymore. Maybe if I did they wouldn't have to go to China?

Brian