Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Craftsman, Now Made in China
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0kfg
Very nice, now while I think I would pay the 100.00 for a set of four mats for a burban, how many other people would even care about the quality, its all about the price.

A set of four mats at Walmart is bound to cost less, and that's how the masses think and shop, price first.

I like having the option of spending more to get more product, but sadly most shoppers figure they will just replace when it fails, after all its cheap.
What makes me sick is how the "Lifetime Warranty" is offered on the junk stuff too! That use to be offered on QUALITY items, you knew the difference between quality and so so from that lifetime warranty. Now, the big retailer sticks it to the manufacturer with it. They force the manufacturer to back it with a lifetime warranty or they won't sell it. The manufacturer bends over backwards and offers it so they have the big retailer filling their stores across America with their product. They figure they can take the loss as most people don't warranty it anyway in this throw away society.

If you heard what I have heard from a young lady in my family who works in the return dept at a local big retailer you could be outraged at what WE are paying for this warranty! You can not believe the FRAUD that goes on that they turn their back on because they are making money EVEN with the fraud and they don't care that the manufacturer gets SCREWED. I had two ladies in the family working there, one of them isn't anymore because she was reprimanded for refusing a fraudulent return!

This story of manufactures going to China runs a lot deeper than you can imagine.

Brian