Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Craftsman, Now Made in China
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 10:54 AM

Last wiki edit: Wheelbase database Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I've been a life-long Craftsman tool owner, but at this point it really doesn't matter where the tools are made, because the stores don't stock $**T anyway. I went to my local Sears store to get the ONE socket I didn't already own for a project (THAT'S a whole 'nuther story...) and about 50% of the racks for individual sockets were empty. I had to buy a complete set to get the one I needed (yeah, try finding someplace else open on a Sunday afternoon). Same thing this week when I needed a 3/8-16 tap. Sears no longer stocks individual taps, only sets. I asked the sales person what I was supposed to do when I broke one tap, and naturally got a blank stare. I doubt he knew what a tap was for, anyway. Yes I finally got the tap at NAPA, but all the local NAPA stores close at 2:00 or 3:00 on Sat and are closed on Sunday. Tractor Supply used to be a pretty good source, but the local Tractor Supply stores have pretty much become "Lawn-Tractor" Supply only. No real tools or parts. What a PITA.

Now I just try to plan ahead and order stuff from McMaster Carr or MSC.