Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Craftsman, Now Made in China
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 05:42 AM

Last journal entry: Volkswagen V8 Squareback project.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gow589
For many reasons we are making labor too expensive in this country. Yes we have created a generation of kids who don't want to do "labor" but simply hiring a person to do anything is becoming too expensive; for a 100 reasons.

My wife hobbies with ceramics. She has her own pouring table, mold supplies etc. She does it for herself for fun. Over the last 10 years we have seen some of the largest ceramic shows shrink to a 1/4 of the size they were 10 years ago. Molds, kilns and ceramic supplies are so cheap because shops have been closing nation wide over the last 20 years.

Why? Because ceramics is a labor intensive industry. It is becoming too expensive to hire people and the work ethic of people is not what it used to be.

As our people expect more big screen TV's, ntendos, internet phones, ipods, and air conditioned environments, jobs which support these lifestyles are shrinking. As bail outs of all sorts try to keep this propped up we are setting our self up to become the next 3rd world country.

We are on a self destructive path in this country and I don't see anything stopping it.

I agree 100% Oh, and I see that the forum moderators deleted my other comments I made about Made in China items. Wonder why.

Last edited by V8Square; 06-08-2012 at 05:49 AM.