Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Craftsman, Now Made in China
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Engine basic condition - how to check Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel
Can't believe my post got deleted.... Why?? Because I used the word, "naive"??? It was not out of line, nor was it written in an offensive manner.

Are we now to the point that we are so politically correct that we can't even post a differing opinion?

I will say it again, to think that companies have moved their labor out of the US primarily due to work ethic would be "naive". The primary reason for these moves come down to profit and greed.

They can pay an employee $10 an hour or $10 a day, which would you choose. Unfortunately for the consumer, the latter, also produces the quality to match the labor costs.

The bottom dollar drives these AMERICAN companies to China, nothing else.....
Try to hire someone for 10 bucks an hour. They laugh at you. The biggest issue is entitlement. Why work for minimum wage when the government will pay you just as much to stay home. I live in one of the worst states for this. The abuse is staggering.

When you look at the big picture it is amazing that someone can run a plant in China, ship stuff here from China and still do it cheaper than if they manufactured it here.
It not just China either, Mexico is a huge problem as well.

Chet